iOS jailbreak lets you go for an advanced theming on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and it is one of the best reasons why users look for jailbreak. But how would you feel if you could install themes in your iOS without jailbreak? Yes, now it is possible with iSkin on iPhone, so check our complete article to know how easy it is to install themes even without jailbreak.
iOS jailbreak updates are still lacking in chapters from iOS 9.2 to now. After iOS 9.1 jailbreak, we did not hear anything fresh yet rather than rumors and guesses. The number of iOS users waiting for a compatible jailbreak release is very high as Cydia is getting updated regularly to match with 2016. As iOS 9.1 is the most recent jailbreak we heard, Cydia install is only possible on iOS 9.1 or earlier versions which have jailbreak.
iSkin Theming Solution for None Jailbreakers
Are you tired of waiting for a compatible jailbreak to make changes in your iOS theming, if you do, iSkin is the latest app you can try, which allows to install themes on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch without jailbreak.
iSkin is a newly developed platform which is extremely useful for theme lovers on a none jailbroken iOS. It is directly accessible from your Safari web browser if you are on iOS 7 or later. iSkin allows you to have themed app icons on your home screen without replacing your existing ones. Simply it adds shortcuts to home screen of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch which allows user to launch the app from the shortcut or web clip the link.
How to Select a Theme with iSkin
- Step 1: Search for iSkin web page in your Safari
- Step 2: Once you launched the page tap on “Browse all themes” and you will get a list f themes to select
- Step 3: Select the theme your heart desires
- Step 4: Then tap on “Application icons”, and you will get a section to select what apps you want to theme
- Step 5: Make sure to select every app you want theme, fill the text field at the right side of every app icon to name the apps as you want
- Step 6: After that, tap on “Install icons”
- Step 7: After few seconds of installation, you will be required to install a configuration profile, there tap on “Install” to continue
- Step 8: After providing the passcode, once again tap on “Install” button in blue and then tap the “Install” button in red
- Step 9: As you are successfully installed, tap on “Done”, and you will be returned to Safari on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Step 10: It will take some minutes to install the theme pack, and then you will be able to notice new themed app icons in your home screen
iSkin does not replace the app icons, it just add them. So you can keep your original app icons in a separate folder somewhere in you device, and now you are free to use your newly themed apps by moving them as you want.
More to Remember About iSkin
- iSkin theme installing process going through a configuration profile install, so proceed at your own risk
- If you want to remove that profile, go to Settings > General > Profile and you can delete profile tap on “Delete Profile” button at the bottom of the profile you want to remove
- If you want to remove a theme, enter the jiggle mode on your Home screen and easily remove by tapping “X” on icons you wish to remove
- Shortcuts are web clip links, so when you launching an app it is launching to a safari link, and then you are linked to the app you want access. For some apps, this has come irritating, as it goes to the web interface instead of the app
- In addition to app icons with iSkin there are cool wallpapers come with theme packs, which can be applied as to your personal preference
- With iSkin you cannot make changes in the UI element of you iOS device like control center and notification center
- Some advanced theming options might require an iSkin account, if you like to continue make a free iSkin account to experience more options
- Keep visiting iSkin webpage to grab latest updates of iSkin theming
In an overall consideration, iSkin is a cool concept for none jailbreakers and an alternative theming option for those who worried with this long wait of no-jailbreak. But it isn’t a perfect solution for theming, in fact you should precede it with your own risk if you desires. However it is not a too troublesome application, so if you want to make changes in your none jailbroken iDevice, give iSkin a simple try to experience a nice theming in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch even without jailbreak.