This is kind of a usual error for Cydia users, as each device has to face its refreshes of source and updates of their Cydia app. Thus, we hope this guide is useful for all those who are using Cydia download with their jailbroken iDevices. This simply calls mismatch error even users get trouble when they are installing Cydia tweaks. So, fix it and end the anxious you faced stuck at installation.
The reason behind size-mismatch error of Cydia
Indeed this is not a fault with your device or the Cydia app you have installed. When you comes to the mismatch size issue, it is because the moment you left iOS Cydia tweaks, there was a refreshment or sources has been refreshed. So the trouble arise with the source you have chosen to update. Or maybe a complete issue with your network occurrence.
As regularly, the next refresh of the appropriate Cydia source will replace your cache and fix the error. But it takes 24 hours as the refreshment scheduled after 24 hours from one to another.
Although you have the ability of just removing the accordant repository from our list. Such as BigBoss, MacCity and so on. But in that case, all you installed related the same repository has to be removed from the entire list. Even though you can reinstall all you had previously, it makes you quit trouble as you already fixed areas with those best Cydia tweaks you have chosen. But it too can keep a newer cache to put you annoyance again. So it is not the best way to escape this.
Complete fix of the mismatch error
Procedure for default repositories
- First of all, you have to launch the app of Cydia and navigate its “Sources” tab
- Now enter editing mode of sources from the using the “Edit” button in the navigation bar
- Look for the repository, which you need to fix and click on the left side button of that stands with red color
- So the Delete button will appear in from of that. Just click on it
See above three steps using the image given below
- Click the “Done” button of the top right corner and return to the Cydia home page tap on its tab
- You will see the option “More package sources”
- Then click the repository as “Default Sources”, and allow the next notification with the prompt Ok button
- Now click the “Return to Cydia” and check the list of repositories for the one you are fixing now
For third-party repositories
- As the same way mentioned above, you have to launch Cydia > Sources tab > Edit button >left side button > click the red color “Delete” button which placed in front of the repository
- The screen will show you the alert of “Reloading data”
- Click add source > Add source > Return to Cydia
So you are done of fixing errors you faced.